11 August 2015

Agenda Organization {Back to School Series}

Happy Tuesday! I just got back from camp yesterday, and I have a whole bunch of new posts lined up for you guys! Recently, I made a back to school DIY project with my old Lilly Pulitzer agenda, and it was such a hit! That's why today's post will be all about how I organize my planner, which is vital in order to keep all your assignments straight when school starts back up! 
Enjoy!
 Here are my planning essentials: my agenda {obviously}, pens, pencils, highlighters, and sticky notes!
 My current favorite writing utensils! 
 This sticky note pack has the cutest post-its ever! You can purchase them at Staples!
 Here is a shot of my favorite part of my entire agenda. On the right side is this year's sticker sheet, and on the left I have last year's set that I saved! I cut the old sheet out last year's planner and stuck it in the folder. On the folder pocket I placed some of the sticky notes from the set.


 This is a shot of the month of August. Not a lot is written down, since I mainly use my agenda for school.

 I love using this post-its to decorate the pages! I also add fun stickers to brighten up my agenda.
I am a huge list maker, to I often make up to-do lists on sticky notes to keep all my activities organized. I like to make them colorful and eye-catching to ensure I actually complete all the tasks!

Here's my top five tips for staying organized this school year:
  1. Write down assignments as soon as you get them. This way you won't forget any homework, tests, or projects.
  2. Color code your agenda. Assign each class or aspect of your life a color. For example, science is green, math is blue, English is red, history is yellow, sports are purple, clubs are orange, etc.
  3. Cross off completed tasks. There's nothing more satisfying than checking off a chore or assignment that you finally finished!
  4. Plan out your time. If you have two weeks to do a project, break it up into little pieces to complete each night. This way, you won't be trying to do the whole thing the night before.
  5. Turn off the electronics. It's so easy to get distracted with the wonderful world of social media, but power off your phone, silence your notifications, or even ask your parents to hold on to cell until you've done everything you're supposed to complete!
Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment